Dog Behaviour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Back online
The pack (1) EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:47 pm by Jamesp

» Prey drive...help
The pack (1) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 1:59 am by Kevin Behan

» Would appreciate your views on this
The pack (1) EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:53 pm by Kevin Behan

» The prey takes control?
The pack (1) EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:35 pm by Kevin Behan

» over excitment
The pack (1) EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:09 pm by Jamesp

» some piccies of my dogs
The pack (1) EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:33 pm by Jamesp

» Hello....I love you.....
The pack (1) EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm by gbjoce

» Police find nine-year-old girl's stolen pet puppy... but say she can't have it back
The pack (1) EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:37 pm by gbjoce

» Achieving calmness at dinner time
The pack (1) EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:55 pm by Jamesp

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The pack (1)

2 posters

Go down

The pack (1) Empty The pack (1)

Post by liz Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi James

Found this video whilst deleting stuff on the camera, i think its in response to the dog howling at the squeeky toy on you tube but not sure.

You will have to put up those wolf links again that you want a reaction from here so i can get filming for you, i really enjoy your psycho analyzing sessions with my fur babies.

liz
liz

http://www.wolflookalike.com

Back to top Go down

The pack (1) Empty Re: The pack (1)

Post by Jamesp Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Thanks Liz,

I am just going out the door to take the pooch for a walk, so just had a quick look, first impression I get is that they are working as a team which is what I was hoping to see, if I am right then dogs that fight with each other could end up working with each other instead if the right howls are played to them and they see an outside threat and work together instead of fighting....

I think its worth exploring, coz if it does work it will be a better solution that using dominance or separating the dogs with child stair gates etc.....

Anyway more later, must dash......will put the wolf links up later.....
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

http://dog-behaviour.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesp Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:59 pm

just watched it back a number of times, is that keisha at the end of the clip having a word with Ava? possibly to diffuse the situation between Ava and the boy .....as in the middle of the clip your boy coming to the front to investigate?.....quite beta like I would say if it is and after Ava has a word with him he retreats and then looks at him which is why I say possibly keisha is diffusing the situation like an omega would....hard to say from the clip who is howling back but it seems to me Ava who stays her ground seems to be trying to initiate the howling back which as alpha would be her job and then the others join in.....

There is a lot going on in a 41 second clip!.... Very Happy
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liz Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Admin wrote:just watched it back a number of times, is that keisha at the end of the clip having a word with Ava? possibly to diffuse the situation between Ava and the boy .....as in the middle of the clip your boy coming to the front to investigate?.....quite beta like I would say if it is and after Ava has a word with him he retreats and then looks at him which is why I say possibly keisha is diffusing the situation like an omega would....hard to say from the clip who is howling back but it seems to me Ava who stays her ground seems to be trying to initiate the howling back which as alpha would be her job and then the others join in.....

Spot on James.

Yes its quite a good clip, i prefer to view it without sound, have you done that?

Kiesha has recently taken to barking at the door being chapped along with Kai, quite unusual for her. Of course she still bolts upstairs to view whoever it is at the door from a safe distance so she's not that brave yet Laughing
liz
liz

Back to top Go down

Post by liz Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Excellent, Ava's a bit poorly just now so i'll wait until she's fighting fit to film so all three of them are involved.
liz
liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesp Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:32 pm

liz wrote:
Admin wrote:just watched it back a number of times, is that keisha at the end of the clip having a word with Ava? possibly to diffuse the situation between Ava and the boy .....as in the middle of the clip your boy coming to the front to investigate?.....quite beta like I would say if it is and after Ava has a word with him he retreats and then looks at him which is why I say possibly keisha is diffusing the situation like an omega would....hard to say from the clip who is howling back but it seems to me Ava who stays her ground seems to be trying to initiate the howling back which as alpha would be her job and then the others join in.....

Spot on James.

Yes its quite a good clip, i prefer to view it without sound, have you done that?

Kiesha has recently taken to barking at the door being chapped along with Kai, quite unusual for her. Of course she still bolts upstairs to view whoever it is at the door from a safe distance so she's not that brave yet Laughing

Just watched it back without any sound, it does make you concentrate on the body language I see what you mean, being the omega kiesha will hear people at the door first and the beta will come and investigate, very similar to how I have seen the beta Tamaska (the black wolf) in Shauns pack behave, what I saw was 2 lower ranked wolves pace up and down the outskirts of the enclosure very slowly, when a horse or dog goes past they pace a bit faster.....this then alerts Tamaska to come and investigate, trotting along like a wolf who owns the place.......

When I went to visit I got there early and nobody was about, Tamaska came to check me out and after about 1 minute laid down with his head in his paws just like a GSD might do and would give me the occasional glance out of the corner of his eye, it may sound daft but it felt magical to watch him.....a fantastic wolf.......
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down