Dog Behaviour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Back online
Moving home. EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:47 pm by Jamesp

» Prey drive...help
Moving home. EmptyThu May 20, 2010 1:59 am by Kevin Behan

» Would appreciate your views on this
Moving home. EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:53 pm by Kevin Behan

» The prey takes control?
Moving home. EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:35 pm by Kevin Behan

» over excitment
Moving home. EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:09 pm by Jamesp

» some piccies of my dogs
Moving home. EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:33 pm by Jamesp

» Hello....I love you.....
Moving home. EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm by gbjoce

» Police find nine-year-old girl's stolen pet puppy... but say she can't have it back
Moving home. EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:37 pm by gbjoce

» Achieving calmness at dinner time
Moving home. EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:55 pm by Jamesp

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Moving home.

2 posters

Go down

Moving home. Empty Moving home.

Post by liz Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Not sure where best to put this James but feel free to move to somewhere more appropriate if you see fit.

Long story short.......

Our house is under offer and we have a deadline to move of mid June, my dogs do not like change and obviously there will be some stress involved for all of us during the moving process so i thought it would be nice to document in a thread in the hope it helps others as well as us.

I'm going to start packing items from the loft and cupboard under the stairs, things we don't use next week, i'm starting as far ahead of the date as possible to keep stress to a minimum.
liz
liz

http://www.wolflookalike.com

Back to top Go down

Moving home. Empty Re: Moving home.

Post by Jamesp Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:47 pm

I like your approach wishing to help others while your having a stressful time yourself, says a lot about you.

When your getting too stressed as most people would moving house (I know I would for sure) I think you will find your dogs will tell you that from how they react, you may find they are more difficult to control and Kiesha the omega may go off and hide etc etc......

If / when any of that happens you know you need to calm down and the dogs will return to normal....

When I have moments of anger or stress its my dog that calms me down as I see a difference in his behaviour and it immediately makes me think about my behaviour....they are great teachers if you listen to them.....
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

http://dog-behaviour.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by liz Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:04 pm

Absolutely.
She already knows something is going on but is being tolerant as its still minor, Kiesha's way of showing protest to any form of upset is to sneak downstairs and poop in the kitchen in the middle of the night.
On the odd occasion this happens its always after a big upset to her.

Is that a common thing to do, ive never known another dog to do it?
liz
liz

http://www.wolflookalike.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesp Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Kiesha being the omega and most nervous will be the first dog in your pack to let you know of the unwanted stress levels.....its their very important job in a wild pack to be the ones to spot danger for the pack.

When dogs are too stressed they cant control their bowls and have to poop or pee, its not uncommon, of course she doesn't want to show weakness or do it in front of you and sneaks downstairs, it could also be some form of scent marking to protect the pack, the member on here wolfdog may be able to add something here.

A previous dog of mine who we put in kennels for 4 days for a short break was probably mistreated there as the first two nights back at home he sneaked downstairs and pooped, could also of been partly separation anxiety or that he was kept in a cage for 4 days!.....who knows.....

He was about 4 years old at the time and never had previously done anything like that before or afterwards....

I have never put a dog in kennels since and nor will I, if they cant go anywhere then neither can I.
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

http://dog-behaviour.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum