Dog Behaviour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Back online
Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves' - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:47 pm by Jamesp

» Prey drive...help
Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves' - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 1:59 am by Kevin Behan

» Would appreciate your views on this
Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves' - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:53 pm by Kevin Behan

» The prey takes control?
Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves' - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:35 pm by Kevin Behan

» over excitment
Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves' - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:09 pm by Jamesp

» some piccies of my dogs
Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves' - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:33 pm by Jamesp

» Hello....I love you.....
Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves' - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm by gbjoce

» Police find nine-year-old girl's stolen pet puppy... but say she can't have it back
Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves' - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:37 pm by gbjoce

» Achieving calmness at dinner time
Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves' - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:55 pm by Jamesp

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves'

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves' - Page 2 Empty Re: Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves'

Post by liz Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Easy read, done in two days. Interesting character but reminds me of Timothy Treadwell.

Could not see the point of some of his methods eg: running around with a stag's leg or pheasant to teach the captive wolves to hunt, not like they will ever do it.

Feel sorry for his x partners and kids. Hope he manages to bridge the gap one day without hurting anyone else.

Related to much of his childhood being brought up in similar circumstances.

Found a lot of his idea's and comparisons between wolves and dogs good.
liz
liz

http://www.wolflookalike.com

Back to top Go down

Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves' - Page 2 Empty Re: Shaun Ellis New Book 'The Man Who Lives With Wolves'

Post by Awfal Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:07 pm

liz wrote:James you know what, Helen could have said fine take me to court.
Do you honestly think they would? The newspapers would have loved that story and the public would have totally been on her side. Who would make a woman suffering exhaustion keep filming with wolves?

You say the heartache would have been for nothing but that programme done him no favours at all, everyone's opinion of him dropped so the heartache 'was' for nothing.

He now outs it all in his book but he could have done it back then and been thought better of for it.

As the old saying goes ...

"If if's and and's were pots and pans ..."

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I for one will never condemn anyone for making a bad decision. God knows, I have made thousands in my life. I don't think it fair at all to sit as Judge and Jury over anyone in the public eye. I for one cannot imagine the commercial pressure that could be brought to bear on someone like Shaun who albeit is not a huge celebrity, but nonetheless is operating in an extremely contraversial area. I've met the guy, and my gut feeling was "this chap is a good egg". I have heard, seen or read nothing to make me change this opinion thus far.

Awfal

Back to top Go down

Post by liz Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi Nicky

As we both know there are certain things we will never agree on and Shaun is likely one of them. You are just as entitled to your opinion as i am and i often respect things you have to say or points you make.

I have read the book and kept an open mind whilst reading, the above is my findings after having done so, i do not see myself as judge or jury over anyone, i am mearly contributing to an online discussion with my opinion.

A dull world indeed if we all thought the same way don't you think?
liz
liz

http://www.wolflookalike.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Awfal Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Yes indeed. I love a good debate, a chance to chew the fat. How boring THAT would be if the other side agreed with everything you said ... end of debate!

Awfal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2