Dog Behaviour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Back online
General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:47 pm by Jamesp

» Prey drive...help
General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 1:59 am by Kevin Behan

» Would appreciate your views on this
General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:53 pm by Kevin Behan

» The prey takes control?
General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:35 pm by Kevin Behan

» over excitment
General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:09 pm by Jamesp

» some piccies of my dogs
General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:33 pm by Jamesp

» Hello....I love you.....
General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm by gbjoce

» Police find nine-year-old girl's stolen pet puppy... but say she can't have it back
General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:37 pm by gbjoce

» Achieving calmness at dinner time
General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:55 pm by Jamesp

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? Empty General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be?

Post by wolfdog Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Well its in the subject line. If you could get a new government to act on one thing what would it be? Ban shock collars? Legalise something? bounce
wolfdog
wolfdog

Back to top Go down

General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? Empty Re: General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be?

Post by Awfal Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Drop the ridiculous Class B status that has been given to cannabis. I worked for 6 months in our local NHS drug and alcohol service, and to even hint that cannabis is dangerous is just downright stupid.

Awfal

Back to top Go down

General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be? Empty Re: General Election Called. If you could get the new government to do one thing what would it be?

Post by liz Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:05 pm

I would like independence for Scotland.

I want to pay my taxes to Edinburgh and vote for political parties that will do something about our local concerns.
liz
liz

http://www.wolflookalike.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesp Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:03 pm

wolfdog wrote:Well its in the subject line. If you could get a new government to act on one thing what would it be? Ban shock collars? Legalise something? bounce

Perhaps not Legalise something but not to decriminalise some things when they let it get out of hand....ie at the moment if you get your credit / debit cards nicked its not a police matter and you have to phone the bank to get them to sort it out....who have just been bailed out by us anyway due to maladministration of gigantic proportions......hardly a sector you could have confidence in organising a P*** up in a brewery!....and are probably bigger crooks than the people who stole your debit / credit card....

The way its going we will have to report murders to social services rather than the police
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

http://dog-behaviour.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdog Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:32 pm

I would vote for free parking at hospitals and a cap on parking fines elsewhere plus a ban on ANPR cameras: I detest the way you are made to feel like a criminal when ever you drive a car in the UK.

Liz: do you think Scotland would join the Euro?

Awfal: I see the Gov. is concerned that skunk is too strong (looked it up and it made me laugh)Suspect

James: I think you love the boys in blue really silent
wolfdog
wolfdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesp Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:55 pm

There is a short answer to your question and it does not begin with the letter 'Y'..... Very Happy
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liz Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Wolfdog - That decision would be for the Scottish people in a referendum and not for the government to take on our behalf.

On a personal level i would vote yes.

Are you aware that shops in England refuse to take Scottish money?
Truthfully, we have to change any notes stating Bank of Scotland for Bank of England notes when entering England.

The same does not apply here, we accept bank of England notes.
liz
liz

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdog Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Liz, I remembering accepting bags of Scottish cash in the 1990's (ah those were the days) before running to the bank... but surpised you got any cash left after building the Scottish Parliament
Shocked
wolfdog
wolfdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesp Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:09 pm

I would like to see Scotland, Wales and Ireland independent as at the moment they are making up their own rules and using our money....(no offence Liz).....

Plus bring back proper light bulbs not these low 'energy' 1 watt things, I bought a load of 'proper' light bulbs to keep me going for a few years....sod em.... Very Happy .....next step get me own generator and tell the national grid where to stick it.... Mad

Also stop what some councils are doing at night.....turning off the street lights to be green.....you gotta laugh....also councils are replacing the incandescent light bulbs with the low energy type....which is the same thing as turning them off... bounce

All this green stuff is just an excuse so the government can tax us as is the terrorist law just an excuse to infringe on our civil rights and privacy....

For example I read the planet was 3 degrees hotter 500 years ago.....if thats true.....was it caused by Henry the 8th farting Question Question

Last edited by Jamesp on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdog Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:25 pm

I wholeheartedly agree about the anti-terror laws; if anything it proves that the terrorists have been successful and continue to govern our daily lives. I do support the green movement but saw it quickly become a farcical marketing tool... As for Henry 8th, historical records may well prove you correct. Laughing

Devolution is a tricky question. Having lived in 2 out of the 3 countries you mention and now living in another celtic 'country' controlled by France, I feel regional identity is good though devolution possibly risky for economic security. Does it make me a federalist? Not good with 'ists' and 'isms' though. No

Oh if only I could go off grid: I really want my own wind turbine!
wolfdog
wolfdog

Back to top Go down

Post by liz Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:08 pm

James

Using your money? Far from being subsidised by England we receive back less than we pay in taxes to the exchequer-a fact most scots are well aware of.

Scotlands contribution to the exchequer is about 8% of the total, our population is about 8.5% of the total UK population. Work it out, with this revenue its pretty fair to say we are subsidising England.
http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/press/news2002/02prpoprep.html

The revenue from oil, 200 BILLION over the last 30 years.

Ive no desire to get into a political debate but if you want me to you'll have to be up on your facts and produce good arguments and not just what you read in the daily mail, i'm quite passionate about it.

The current English government is dependant on the seats it gains in Scotland and Wales to mantain its power, Gordon Brown is shitting himself over independance.

Last edited by liz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : link)
liz
liz

Back to top Go down

Post by liz Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:20 pm

wolfdog wrote:Liz, I remembering accepting bags of Scottish cash in the 1990's (ah those were the days) before running to the bank... but surpised you got any cash left after building the Scottish Parliament
Shocked

At a cost of of £431 million this amounts to roughly a contribution of around £100 from each Scottish adult, is that justified? I'm ok with it, we needed a parliment.

Apparently London needs a 10 billion rail link, How much was the London Eye? If memory serves it was about 75 million, need i go on?
liz
liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesp Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:22 pm

I did say no offence.... Very Happy

My understanding is that for example Wales dont want independence due to them needing our money, without that obstacle they would do it in a heart beat....

I stopped reading all newspapers 5 years ago....

There are many ways to 'cook' statistics to how people want to see them.....

If what you say is true then I am quite happy to stop accepting your money.... Very Happy
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liz Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:25 pm

James, the thing is English people are fed the information that Scotland costs you money and you all believe it, have none of you ever sat down and wondered why if that was the case your government are so desparate to hang on to us?
liz
liz

Back to top Go down

Post by liz Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:31 pm

James - Just to add the statistics are not cooked in a census, hence the link.
liz
liz

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdog Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:38 pm

liz wrote:
wolfdog wrote:Liz, I remembering accepting bags of Scottish cash in the 1990's (ah those were the days) before running to the bank... but surpised you got any cash left after building the Scottish Parliament
Shocked

At a cost of of £431 million this amounts to roughly a contribution of around £100 from each Scottish adult, is that justified? I'm ok with it, we needed a parliment.

Apparently London needs a 10 billion rail link, How much was the London Eye? If memory serves it was about 75 million, need i go on?

Oh, I am only teasing you Exclamation My brother in law works at a place depicted on some bank notes only a spit away too Arrow

Ecosse libre!

sunny
wolfdog
wolfdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesp Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:03 pm

liz wrote:James, the thing is English people are fed the information that Scotland costs you money and you all believe it, have none of you ever sat down and wondered why if that was the case your government are so desparate to hang on to us?

liz wrote:James - Just to add the statistics are not cooked in a census, hence the link.

It don't believe any stats that come out of any government, I have looked at plenty of census stuff researching my family.....and I know that at least some of it is false / incorrect / cooked, call it what you want....

I dont believe our government or yours either, not a word either say, both as bad as each other.....

I just don't see the point of devolution, either be independent or don't bother.
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdog Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:29 pm

My first few years were in a country divided by civil war, so I have a twisted view of politics, ethnicity and religion!

All I asked for was free hospital car parks! Did you know in France you can park your camper van in a hospital car park?
wolfdog
wolfdog

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdog Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Maybe we should pass round the peace-pipe now? Perhaps with some of that cannabis that Awfal wants re-classified? afro flower lol!
wolfdog
wolfdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesp Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 pm

No worries wolfdog, Liz knows me well and me her, we have mutual respect....but if Awful has any of that skunk going I am prepared to try some in the interest of peace.... Very Happy

Must be tough in a country divided by civil war, but countries should be left alone to sort it out for themselves in my view and not interfere as we do in Iraq for example, we were the same 500 years ago, my old chum Henry the 8th used to kill anyone who didn't follow him......
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdog Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:57 pm

You knew Henry 8th? And I thought I was getting on a bit! Laughing Razz
wolfdog
wolfdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesp Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:03 pm

Yes, things are starting to catch up with me a bit.... Razz .....managing to avoid a gammy leg prob helped.....never did like jousting anyway... Very Happy
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tawneywolf Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:56 pm

I would get rid of all the anti-dog laws that are creeping up on us, I am sick of hearing that any dog bigger than a JR is dangerous etc, when the reverse is actually true. Then I would pile all the anti dog people, the dog legislation people, the dog wardens etc etc. into a big heap and strike the match. After barbecuing my tea over the ensuing blaze we would then go a very long walk, with both my dogs offlead, giving anyone who objected the 2 finger salute.
Tawneywolf
Tawneywolf

http://www.donehogawa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesp Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:07 am

I always knew you had very balanced views June.... Very Happy

Can I join you for the meal?....a few nice chicken kebabs on skewers.... Exclamation
Jamesp
Jamesp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tawneywolf Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:25 am

Yeah course you can, best to book your seat early, I think quite a few people would like a seat around THAT particular bonfire Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Tawneywolf
Tawneywolf

http://www.donehogawa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next